Getting “Are you sure you want to do this” error in WordPress? You are in the right place as this article will reveal how to fix the issue with few simple steps.
Check Site Security
Most times, you get the error when you try to finalise an action that requires specific user permissions, but WordPress is unable to verify that you have access to do that. WordPress makes use of security tokens called nonces. If WordPress can’t verify these tokens, the error will display.
Generate new Security Keys
Plugin or Theme Upload Error
If you get the error when trying to upload a plugin or theme, there may be a problem with the zip file. To fix the issue, take the following steps:
- Go to cPanel > File Manager
- Look for the public_html folder and open the wp-content folder.
- If you are uploading a plugin, go to the plugin folder. If you are uploading a theme, open the theme folder. Upload your plugin or theme zip file in there and unzip the file. After that, delete the zip file.
- Go to the wp-admin dashboard to activate the theme or plugin. That’s all!
The other solutions you can try are popular actions like:
- Increasing your PHP Memory Limit
- Clearing caches and cookies
- Deactivating theme and plugins